WeVPN offers SmartDNS for our customers to enjoy access to popular streaming services without the need to disconnect from WeVPN.
WARNING: The SmartDNS feature is an OPT IN feature and requires an IP address to be stored in the SmartDNS database. The SmartDNS database is an encrypted database only accessible from within our network. The IP can be removed by selecting Remove IP within the SmartDNS option.
To enable SmartDNS on your account:
1. Log in to the Member's Area on the WeVPN website.
2. Within the Member's Area, select the SmartDNS option.
3. Within the SmartDNS option, select Auto Detect IP.
4. Select Save IP.
5. Wait until the SmartDNS service is activated for your account.
6. Choose a region for geostreaming content you would like to access.
7. Configure the selected device with the DNS address shown in the pop up display. Configure the selected device with the DNS setup guides.
- Apple TV DNS Setup - Available here
- Xbox DNS Setup - Available here
- Playstation DNS Setup - Available here
- Media Streamer DNS Setup - Available here
Please Note: We cannot support DNS setup for every device, however we have prepared guides for the most common Media Streamers.