Port forwarding makes it possible to establish a direct connection between one device to another remote device in a local area network(LAN) such as your home network.
Here are some use-case examples:
- Direct connection to a gaming server;
- Allow other users to connect to your public web server such as a Torrent client;
- Direct access to your home server remotely;
- Use remote desktop software to access your home computer;
- Connect to an IoT device on your home network;
- Direct access to a VoIP call server.
- Watch a security camera when away from home;
WeVPN Port Forwarding feature provides secure direct connection to remote devices via his VPN network, currently avalaible for WireGuard, IKEv2 and OpenVPN UDP/TCP.